With every purchase you are helping support and improve the lives of survivors of gender-based violence in Cape Town, South Africa. We believe a living wage and job security are the first steps to real healing. That’s why we hire and train survivors; to provide the stability of a paycheck as part of our vision of a better future.
A message from Geoff (co-founder)
"I can't express my gratitude enough to you for making our mission possible. I wake up every day with an overwhelming sense of privilege and when I process payroll I feel such appreciation towards our family of employees. You are not just purchasing a tufting machine, you are helping make real, positive change and heal trauma.
Thank you, Zahier, for your constant hard work teaching and training our team in South Africa."
Tuft-Love is a sister company of SPINNEKOP (spin‧ne‧kop) - Weaving the Webs of Social Change -
Zahier and Geoff are childhood friends using tufting to create employment opportunities in the Cape Flats. Spinnekop creates and distributes rugs globally made by our team of "Spiders" in Kensington, South Africa. Training and employing locals in Kensington that have been survivors of gender-based violence.
Zahier, a social activist in the "Cape Coloured" Community in South Africa, and Geoff, who's passion is training and uplifting people through employment training, wanted to create jobs for community members that have been survivors of gender-based violence in the Cape Flats community of Kensington. We believe a living wage and job stability are the first step in healing trauma.
We found tufting and thought this could be a great way to employ and teach people the art of carpet making. Like many of you, we ran into trouble sourcing a safe a reputable supplier for our tufting guns in South Africa. We once were flat-out robbed for hundreds of dollars. So, we partnered with a good friend to ensure we have supplies for our project in South Africa. Realizing that we could further fund the South African project we launched Tuft Love, Colorado.
We honor one of the founders of modern day tufting the late Mr. Mohan Lal Saini, thank you for making all of this possible for the world. Artists around the world sing your praise every day by making rugs.
Why Buy From Us?
- Best in Class handmade tufting machines. Our tufting machines are made to the highest standards in our boutique workshop.
- BEST FREE WARRANTY in the industry; 12 months (see warranty page for details) we have never let a customer down. We put our customers first.
- We are a Colorado company.
- FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING from Colorado USA (free shipping in the USA)
- You can contact us via our phone number (888-883-8001), email (my email is Geoff@Tuft-Love.com, chat on our website. You will get a live person (or an immediate call back if we are helping someone else)
- Did we say FREE PARTS? After your 12-month warranty has expired, we still offer you free parts. Just pay for the cost of shipping (and we don't mark that up either). We keep your rug gun running!
- ECO FRIENDLY: our small workshop uses less electricity than the average home at 500KWH a month. We offset 44000 pounds of CO2 via www.carbonfund.org to make our workshop carbon neutral.
- We donate tufting kits to youth arts programs (if you are part of a school arts program or non-profit, contact us for a donation consideration email@example.com). We have expanded this program in 2022 to bring tufting to even more youth art programs under our program "From Aidan with Love.
- We have over 25 years of tufting machine manufacturing experience behind us. You are getting the absolute best machine available. Our workshop is in India, the home of tufting.
- We are cause-driven and hire, train, and offer full-time employment to survivors of gender-based violence.